With 95 of the 96 group stage matches completed and while waiting for the snow to allow Atalanta-Villarreal to play today, it is time to draw 10 conclusions from the current Champions League.
one. The reveal is Ajax. It is the only team that was in the third pot that passes as the first of the group. And he does it with a full of victories. 6 of 6.
two. There are two other teams that have added the 18 points at stake: Bayern and Liverpool.
3. The other team in the third pot to make it into the top 16 is Benfica (awaiting Atalanta).
Four. Of the 16 seeds in the summer draw, the only three that will not continue in the Champions League are Barça, Dortmund and Sevilla. All three are now favorites to win the Europa League.
5. Of pot 4, the 8 teams have been this year out of the Champions League. Only the Sheriff has managed to qualify as third and play the Europa League.
6. Malmö and Dinamo Kiev go home having scored just one goal in 6 games. Shakhtar, having scored 2, is also eliminated from everything. Barça, with 2 goals in favor and 9 against, manages to be third in the group.
7. The top scorer was Ajax’s Sebástien Haller with 10 goals.
8. The top scorer team has been Bayern with 22 goals in 3 games.
9. Milan, who were second in the group on Tuesday at halftime, came fourth.
10. The current champion, Chelsea, passes as second