Last Updated on May 5, 2021 by MyGh.Online
• Ensure you pay close attention to ALL of your school choices.
• Ensure that the schools are in order of preference from priority
1 to the least priority.
• Ensure that your compulsory day option is within your
catchment area where the candidate can conveniently
• Ensure that as a parent/guardian you take active interest in
your child/ward’s school choices.
2018 School Placement: No schools for over 67,000 students as GNAT calls for postponement in reopening
GES begins Education on school selection procedure
• Ensure that you consult your child/ward’s teacher to obtain a realistic prospect of the child’s chances of gaining admission to a particular school.
• In the case of technical programmes, ensure that you consult the school register to verify that the schools you select offer your desired programmes.
• Outsource school choices to someone without your express involvement.
• Leave school choices to an internet cafe attendant in the case of self-placement
• Assume that you can choose a school as a day student and switch to boarding upon admission.
• Assume that you can choose a less competitive programme at a school and switch to a more competitive one upon admission.
• Choose schools based on where your friends are going or what programmes they want to read.