It’s almost like preparing jollof rice. Unfortunately, there is a certain dry oily texture to fried rice that most times cannot be achieved without frying. To get it with this recipe, it will require less water and lots of concentration.
2 cups parboiled rice (add some curry when parboiling to give it the classic fried rice colour)
100g fried liver or diced sausages
1 tablespoon Nigerian curry powder
½ cup green beans and green peas
3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
1. Put some oil in a clean pot. Add the pepper, ginger, garlic and onions and allow to fry for about 3 minutes. Then, pour the stock water into the pot.
2. Add curry, thyme and stock cubes. Then add salt to taste.
3. Pour the parboiled rice into the mixture and mix. Add some warm water to just below the level of the rice.
4. Allow the rice to steam for 20-30 minutes on medium to low heat, checking on it at intervals.
5. When the rice is soft, add the chopped vegetables on top of the rice for them to steam.
6. When rice is done, turn off heat and stir. Allow to settle.
Your rice is ready! Serve with chicken and coleslaw.