Clicky

Connect with us

News

Teachers’ bungalow left to rot at Tarikpaa (Photo)

Published

on

Teachers’ bungalow left to rot at Tarikpaa (Photo)

Tarikpaa
Teachers’ bungalow left to rot

Some residents of Tarikpaa, a farming community in the Savelugu Municipality of the Northern region, have called on the government and Non-Governmental Organisations to assist in the renovation of their teachers’ bungalow since it’s in a deplorable state.

The facility’s deplorable state is so bad that it requires urgent attention.  The building is faced with a high probability of collapse if it is not attended to since major and deep cracks have become part of the building.

Adom News’ Illiasu Abdul Rauf Dabre’ checks in the community revealed that most of the teachers, who were transferred or posted to the community, have refused to stay in the bungalow due to its current state.

Read Also  6 things you must know about international flights to Ghana during COVID-19

There are deep cracks all over the building, doors and windows on the 20-year-old bungalow.

Some residents of the community complained bitterly to Adom News that the current state of the facility is very worrying and should be attended to as a matter of urgency.

According to them, the bungalow, which was put up 20 years ago, has since not been renovated.

Tarikpaa 1
Tarikpaa teachers’ bungalow

A resident, Dramani Adam Simon, said he felt pity for the teachers who live in the deplorable bungalow.

“The first time I saw it I felt pity because looking at it how can a human being sleep in such a building?” he asked. 

Community members have, therefore, appealed to the government as well as Non-Governmental Organisations to come to their aid.

The Assemblyman for the Taripkaa Electoral Area, Mahama Wumbei, confirmed to Adom News that teachers, who have been posted to the community, live in the structure with fear.

According the Assemblyman, he has written to the Savelugu Municipal Assembly severally to bring their attention to the state of the bungalow, but no response has been received so far.

Mr Wumbei added that his greatest fear is that the building may collapse and appealed for help.

Several efforts to contact the Municipal Chief Executive, Hajia Ayishatu Seidu, proven futile.

Source: www.adomonline.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Man kills his pregnant wife three months after wedding

Published

on

Man kills his pregnant wife three months after wedding

– Advertisement –

The Nigerian police have launched a manhunt for a man who allegedly killed his 4-month-old pregnant wife.

The suspect identified as Nnanna Emeka reportedly killed his pregnant wife in their residence at Ugbele Mgbidi area of Imo State.

According to eyewitnesses, Nnanna decided to take his wife on a date where he could take out his plan but she refused.

Nnanna committed his atrocious act on Saturday, 3rd July 2020 just three months after they tied the knot.

“He wanted to take his wife out on a date, and then, probably take her somewhere and kill her. He would have come back to cook up stories to cover his track. But unfortunately for him, his wife refused to go out with him.

Just a few days before, she had told a friend that for the past week her husband’s character had changed, that she doesn’t understand him anymore. So, we believe that’s why she refused to go out with him.

However, after trying fruitlessly to get his wife to go out with him, he allegedly decided to murder her inside their apartment and take her corpse to the place where the ritual will be performed,” a witness recounted.

Read Also  Eid-Ul-Adha: Mahama Wishes Muslims Well

The suspect is said to have hit his wife’s forehead with a rod and watched her bleed to death.

He was confronted by neighbours while transporting the body because his actions looked suspicious.

Nnanna, however, bolted and currently, he is nowhere to be found.

Source link

Continue Reading

News

2-years jail term for any landlord who takes rent for more than six months – Rent Control

Published

on

2-years jail term for any landlord who takes rent for more than six months – Rent Control

– Advertisement –

The Public Relation Officer (PRO) for the Rent Control Department Emmanuel Hovey Kporsu has warned landlords not to take rent for more than 6months.

According to the PRO, any landlord who is found guilty of taking more than 6 months rent is likely to be jailed for two years.

He explained that taking rent is not an avenue for them to recoup all their monies used in putting up the building.

“Any person who as a condition of the grant, renewal or continuance of a tenancy demands in the case of monthly or shorter tenancy, the payment in advance of more than a month’s rent or in the case of tenancy exceeding six months, the payment in advance of more than six months’ rent shall be guilty of an offense and shall upon conviction by the appropriate rent magistrate be liable to a fine not exceeding 500 penalty unit or in default imprisonment term not exceeding 2 years or both,” he stated.

Read Also  Police to the rescue as armed robbers attack another bullion van on the Winneba-Kasoa road (+PHOTOS)

One thing that has been bothering many people in the country is the decision by some landlords and property owners to take one or two years advance as rent.

Citizens have complained that this act by the landlords and property owners force them to sleep on the street when the laws of the land demand that no landlord takes rent for more than 6 months.

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Fire guts building at Makola market

Published

on

Fire guts building at Makola market

– Advertisement –

Report reaching GhPage indicates that there has been a fire outbreak at a three-storey building at the Makola market, Accra.

The inferno started around 9 am on Monday, 5th July 2020 in one of the shops in the building and spread to the others.

The building, known as Hong Kong, opposite the Makola Shopping Mall Complex, is made of shops occupied by traders who deal in hair and cosmetic products.

Goods including lace fabrics, cosmetics and wigs have been destroyed in the blaze.

According to eyewitnesses, when the fire started, they called on the fire service station that is situated a few meters away but they claimed they do not have water to put out the flames.

Read Also  Kwaebibirem Rural Bank supports farmers with tricycles

Watch the video below;

The fire service personnel are currently at the scene battling to bring the inferno under control.

As at this point, no casualty has been recorded but the traders are accusing the fire service over their failure to handle the fire when it started.

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Conti-Katanga Clash: Katanga releases press statement

Published

on

Conti-Katanga Clash: Katanga releases press statement

– Advertisement –

A statement from the Katanga Hall of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has been released to the public.

Last weekend, a fight broke up between some members of the Katanga Hall and Conti during the vetting of some SRC executives.

The fight saw some students of both sides destroy some properties belonging to the institution.

There has been a public uproar on social media after video from the fight found its way to social media.

Well, executives of Katanga have reacted to the story and the video which has gone viral explaining their side of the story.

Read Also  6 things you must know about international flights to Ghana during COVID-19

According to their press release, there was a scuffle at the entrance of the Great Hall after one Master Joshua Budu wielding a broken bottle was preventing some students from entering.

It continued that Katanga members only came into the picture to restore calm and not start a fight as the media and other people are saying.

The statement maintained that Katanga does not support such disruptive behaviors.

Read the full statement below:

Conti-Katanga Clash: Katanga releases press statement 76

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Ghana would experience political tension for 3 years – Nigerian Prophet

Published

on

Ghana would experience political tension for 3 years – Nigerian Prophet

– Advertisement –

A Nigerian Prophet identified as Emmanuel Chinonso has disclosed that Ghana would experience political tension that would last for some years.

For those who believe in the words of preachers and Prophets, this message from the man of God might be the answer to their questions on the recent happenings in the country.

According to the preacher, a lot of people would lose their lives because this political tension would start with protest and then proceed to a riot-like revolution and all this would begin immediately.

He narrated that God showed to him that this political tension was going to last for three (3) years.

Read Also  Police to the rescue as armed robbers attack another bullion van on the Winneba-Kasoa road (+PHOTOS)

Prophet Chinonso went on to say that the Lord told him that the only thing that can save the people of Ghana is for them to pray and call on him.

He said: “this thing I saw will bring in protest. I saw people die: I saw something that will be like a revolution. There will be hotness, people will not rest, people will be unrest.

“The Lord said to me, tell my people to pray and pass a warning unto the political leaders in Ghana that they shall hear my voice; let them not do what shall temper the blood of the innocent, that blood shall begin to speak”.

The Lord said I should warn them that all God’s people in Ghana shall lift up their antenna high and pray a prayer of peace. I saw a tension and the Lord said to me it will last for three years; not just something that will happen in 2021 [but will go beyond]. I see protest, rioting; I see some people die.”

Watch the video below:

Read Also  Agbogbloshie onion sellers want to kill me spiritually- Greater Accra Regional Minister

Source link

Continue Reading

News

Former IGP, Asante-Apeatu sues Net-2 TV presenter, Justice Kweku Annan for defamation [Details]

Published

on

Former IGP, Asante-Apeatu sues Net-2 TV presenter, Justice Kweku Annan for defamation [Details]

Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP), David Asante-Apeatu, has sued Net-2 TV presenter, Justice Kweku Annan for defamation.

– Advertisement –

The defendant is the host of the station’s popular talk show known as ‘The Seat’.

Kweku Annan is said to have claimed on the June 16, 2021, edition of his show that, the former IGP is a fence for notorious Ghanaian and Nigerian criminals and harbours the criminals.

In addition, he alleged that Mr. Asante-Apeatu is/was on the payroll of top criminals in Ghana, and had refused to cause the arrest and prosecution of these criminals.

Not only that, the TV Presenter accused the former IGP of working in cahoots with hardened international criminals to unleash terror on Ghanaians.

But the plaintiff in his writ as sighted by citinewsroom.com avers that the accusations are figments of the defendant’s imagination, ‘utterly false’, hence his lawsuit.

Read Also  Agbogbloshie onion sellers want to kill me spiritually- Greater Accra Regional Minister

According to the former IGP, the TV presenter mischievously calculated the allegations in a manner that was to damage his reputation and cause him public disaffection.

“Former IGP, Mr. David Apeatu’s adminstration you know these men whose names I am about to mention. You know them. What did he do? What did you do? I say that you know these notorious armed robbers whose names I am anout to mention. Why haven’t you been able to arrest them. Former IGP you know this. What have you done, what did you do. Mr.Apeatu, I say you know these people”, extract of the defandant’s broadcasted and published defamatory of the plaintiff read.

Plaintiffs support of claim for aggravated damages

The former police chief who sued per his lawful attorney particularly stated as follows:

Read Also  Kwaebibirem Rural Bank supports farmers with tricycles

The defendant published the words complained of knowing they were false, or recklessly as to their truth or falsity – having calculated that the benefit to the defendant in his vocation as a TV presenter – by way of popularity and increased viewership-base and following as a result of the sensational publication-would outweigh any compensation payable to the plaintiff.

That the defendant knew that once he made the publication, it would be reproduced on the websites of the various media platforms including social media, and access to countless numbers of people worldwide.

Also, the defendant knew and intended that his publication of the words complained of should be so published and./or such publication was the natural and probable consequence of his publication.

Read Also  Meet Emefa Akosua Adeti – The Gorgeous host of Prime Morning [Photos]

The defendant transmitted and/or caused the publication to be published on Net2 TV’s YouTube and Facebook accounts which the defendant has left to open access to an unquantifiable number of users globally of the internet on the world wide web.

Consequently, it can be inferred that a large, unquantifiable number of users have watched and are watching the defendant’s publication of the plaintiff and that the defendant was malicious in his publication of the words complained of.

Reliefs

The plaintiff is therefore seeking the following reliefs:

1. General damages for libel contained in the defendant’s publication of the plaintiff.

2. Aggravated damages arising from libel published by the defendant of the plaintiff

3. Costs, including lawyers’ fees.

– Advertisement –


Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook

Trending